Appointments during COVID-19: The Australian Dental Association has recently announced changes to the restrictions on Oral Health Services, with a lowering to Level 1 as of Friday 8th May 2020. These changes allow our Dental practice to operate and provide a full range of services including scale and cleans.
- We have removed all magazines, books and children’s toys from the waiting rooms
- You will be asked a number of questions about your general health and if you are unwell we may not be able to see you
- Social distancing measures will continue to be in place in our waiting rooms
- You will be asked to use alcohol based hand sanitiser while you are in the practice
- You will be given an antibacterial mouthrinse to use before any treatment is carried out.
About Queensland Country Mount Isa
Queensland Country Dental Mount Isa provides quality, affordable dental care for Queensland Country Health Fund and Queensland Country Bank Members; and is also open to the general public.
Our Mount Isa practice provides preventive dental and general dental services for the whole family in fresh, modern facilities. We are committed to the provision of excellent dental care with a focus on patient safety and continuous quality improvement within the practice environment.
Our experienced team look forward to welcoming you. Remember you don’t need to be a Queensland Country Health Fund Member to visit us.
Meet our team
Dr Tia Riggs - Dentist
Dr Elcheru Hepburn - Dentist
Casey Hadden - Dental Assistant
Tayla Peel - Dental Assistant
Josie Cullen - Dental Assistant
Maisie Homewood - Dental Assistant
Make an appointment
To request an appointment, please call us on 07 4743 1777. Please note, appointments are not final until confirmed by a Member of our staff.
Our focus is on preventive and diagnostic dental for the whole family. We offer the following services:
- Comprehensive examinations for the whole family
- Digital x-rays and photographs
- Preventive treatments such as scale and clean
- Mouthguards for adults and children
- Patient education, such as oral hygiene instruction and dietary counselling
- Hygiene treatment
- Full range of restorative treatments such as composite (tooth coloured) restorations (fillings)
- Endodontic (root canal) treatment
- Crowns and bridges
- Metal and acrylic dentures
Queensland Country Dental places the safety of our patients and staff as the utmost priority. To this end we meet or exceed current recommendations regarding infection control and procedures for sterilising dental instruments and equipment.
All instruments are autoclaved after use and tracked throughout the sterilising procedure.
Each Member of our team receives training in all procedures and protocols and updates are provided on a regular basis. Our equipment and surgery environment is maintained to the highest standards.
At your first visit your dentist will take the time to discuss your previous dental experiences and will listen to any dental concerns that you have.
The dentist will then carry out a full examination including digital radiographs and often digital photographs. Once this is complete your dentist will formulate a treatment plan taking into account the results of the examination and your concerns.
At Queensland Country Dental we believe strongly that healthcare is about shared decision making and you will be informed and consulted every step of the way.
Where there is more than one option for treatment, you will be given information about each option to allow you to choose what is right for you.
You will be provided with a written quote before any further treatment is carried out and informed if there are any changes to this once treatment is underway.
To request an appointment, please call us on 07 4743 1777.
70 Camooweal Street,
Mount Isa QLD 4825