As well as helping you to get well we want to help you to stay well. Therefore we have introduced benefits to encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle. The Healthy Living Benefit is covered under all extras policies and we will pay up to $150* per person per membership year to assist you to:
- Participate in your choice of weight management programs^^
- Participate in quit smoking programs
- Participate in other approved health management programs** including:
- Gym Membership
- Personal Training programs
- Aquatic exercise/rehabilitation including pool entry and exercise classes (excludes swim classes/lessons)
Have your skin checked for skin cancers through a mole mapping service^
Consultation fees for Diabetes Educator
Consultation fees for Metabolic dietitians and nutritionists when providing assistance with weight management
Bowel Screening tests and Bone Density tests (no doctors referral will be required)
Prostate-Specific Antigen Test (one per year). We will cover a second yearly test not covered by Medicare.
- Supermarket tours conducted by a dietitian or other allied health professional qualified to provide nutrition advice.
* Benefit payable under Premium Extras. Please refer to the relevant Product Brochure to ascertain the benefit payable under your level of extras cover.
^ No benefit is payable where Medicare have paid a benefit towards this service.
^^Before enrolling in a weight management program please contact the Fund to clarify the eligibility to benefits.
** To comply with private health insurance legislation you must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition. A Health Management Program Benefit Approval Form must accompany a claim for these benefits.