As well as helping you to get well we want to help you to stay well. Therefore we have introduced benefits to encourage you to live a healthy lifestyle. The Healthy Living Benefit is covered under all extras policies and we will pay up to $150* per person per membership year to assist you to:
- Participate in your choice of weight management programs^^
- Participate in quit smoking programs
- Participate in other approved health management programs** including:
- Gym Membership
- Personal Training programs
- Aquatic exercise/rehabilitation including pool entry and exercise classes (excludes swim classes/lessons)
Have your skin checked for skin cancers through a mole mapping service^, including mole scanning, recording and monitoring.
Consultation fees for Diabetes Educator
Consultation fees for Metabolic dietitians and nutritionists when providing assistance with weight management
- Bowel Screening tests and Bone Density tests (no doctors referral will be required)
- PSA Test (one per year). We will cover a second yearly test not covered by Medicare.
* Benefit payable under Premium Extras. Please refer to the relevant Product Brochure to ascertain the benefit payable under your level of extras cover.
^^Before enrolling in a weight management program please contact the Fund to clarify the eligibility to benefits.
^ No benefit is payable where Medicare have paid a benefit towards this service.
** To comply with private health insurance legislation you must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition. A Health Management Program Benefit Approval Form must accompany a claim for these benefits.