Appointments during COVID-19: The Australian Dental Association has recently announced changes to the restrictions on Oral Health Services, with a lowering to Level 1 as of Friday, 8th May 2020. These changes allow our Dental practice to operate and provide a full range of services including scale and cleans.
Level 1 restrictions mean you will notice some differences in our practices:
- We have removed all magazines, books and children’s toys from the waiting rooms
- You will be asked a number of questions about your general health and if you are unwell we may not be able to see you
- Social distancing measures will continue to be in place in our waiting rooms
- You will be asked to use alcohol based hand sanitiser while you are in the practice
- You will be given an antibacterial mouthrinse to use before any treatment is carried out.
About Queensland Country Dental Mackay
Queensland Country Dental Mackay is our newest addition to our network of Queensland Country Dental practices. The team at Queensland Country Dental Mackay provide quality, affordable dental care available for Queensland Country Health Fund and Queensland Country Bank Members; and is also open to the general public.
Our Mackay practice provides preventive dental and general dental services for the whole family in a fresh, modern location, conveniently situated in the Mackay CBD. Our team continuously strive to provide excellent dental care, whilst upholding patient safety and continuously improving on the quality of your experience during your time at the practice.
Our experienced team look forward to welcoming you, whether you are a Queensland Country Health Fund or Queensland Country Bank Member, or a member of the general public.
Meet our team
- Dr Isabella Ihle - Dentist
- Allana Abalde - Dental Assistant
- Melina Jackson - Dental Receptionist
Make an appointment
To request an appointment, please call us on 07 4965 9400. Please note, appointments are not final until confirmed by a Member of our staff.
Our focus is on preventative and diagnostic dental for the whole family. We offer the following services:
- Comprehensive examinations for the whole family, including children's dentistry
- Digital x-rays and photographs
- Preventive treatments such as scale and clean
- Mouthguards for adults and children
- Patient education, such as oral hygiene instruction and dietary counselling
- Dental hygiene treatment
- Full range of restorative treatments such as composite (tooth coloured) restorations (fillings)
- Teeth whitening
- Endodontic (root canal) treatment
- Crowns and bridges
- Metal and acrylic dentures
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Emergency dentistry
As mentioned, the safety or our patients and staff is of the utmost importance to us and we therefore, aim to meet and exceed current recommendations regarding infection control and procedures for sterilising dental instruments and equipment.
All instruments are autoclaved after use and tracked throughout the sterilising procedure.
Each member of our team receives training in all procedures and protocols and updates are provided on a regular basis. Our equipment and surgery environment is maintained to the highest standards.
During your first visit your dentist will take the time to discuss your previous dental experiences, identify and listen to any concerns that you may have.
The dentist will then carry out a full examination including digital radiographs and often digital photographs. Once this is complete your dentist will formulate a personalised treatment plan, taking into account the results of the examination and your concerns.
At Queensland Country Dental we believe strongly that healthcare is about shared decision making and you will be informed and consulted every step of the way.
Where there is more than one option for treatment, you will be given information about each option to allow you to fairly evaluate and choose what is right for you.
You will be provided with a written quote before any further treatment is carried out and informed if there are any changes to this once treatment is underway.
To request an appointment, please call us on 1300 555 376.
24 Sydney Street,
Mackay QLD 4740