Here to help
Am I able to access a Queensland Country Dental Practice?
Yes, with the easing on Oral Health Services restrictions to Level 1 effective from Friday 8th May 2020, our Dental practices in Mackay, Mt Isa and Townsville are able to provide a full range of services including scale and cleans.
Level 1 restrictions mean you will notice some differences in our practices:
- We have removed all magazines, books and children’s toys from the waiting rooms
- You will be asked a number of questions about your general health and if you are unwell we may not be able to see you
- Social distancing measures will continue to be in place in our waiting rooms
- You will be asked to use alcohol based hand sanitiser while you are in the practice
- You will be given an antibacterial mouthrinse to use before any treatment is carried out.
I have booked to have elective surgery in a private hospital. What will happen?
We would like to assure our members that claims are operating as normal, and this includes in-hospital procedures as covered by their policy. We encourage members to speak directly with their doctor and chosen hospital to confirm if their surgery will still be going ahead.