- Pre -heat the oven to 170°C, fan forced. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tray with a sheet of greaseproof paper ensuring it covers the sides.
- Bring about 2 inches of water in a pan to the boil. Break up 150g of dark chocolate and place into a metal bowl. Place the bowl on top of the pan of water (make sure it doesn't touch the water) then reduce the heat to a simmer. Stir the chocolate while it melts, then remove from the heat.
- Gently warm the coconut oil in a small pan until it melts, then slowly add to the bowl of melted chocolate. Once combined add the rice bran syrup and stir.
- Whisk the eggs together in a bowl and slowly add to the chocolate mix, stirring as you do this. Sieve the cacao powder over the chocolate mix and give it one last stir ensuring everything has been properly combined.
- Pour into the baking tin and bake on the middle shelf for 18-20 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- While the brownies are cooling, melt the rest of the dark chocolate as you did before, then pour into a small shallow bowl. Once the brownies have cooled a little use a pastry brush and brush the top of the brownie with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle desiccated coconut over the top of the brownie and slice into 9 even portions.
- Serve with fresh raspberries and dunk into the chocolate dipping sauce.