We remain committed to helping our Members live better lives through better health and this has never been more important than now as we navigate the current COVID-19 environment.
Extra’s Cover – Introducing two new ways to claim
We continue to look for ways we can support our Members through this difficult time. On top of our Emergency Relief Package and postponement of the annual premium increase we are pleased to announce two new claiming options for Members with extras cover.
We have expanded our telehealth consultations to include a much wider selection of providers and with the closure of gyms, we have added the ability to claim online gym memberships as part of our Healthy Living benefit*. We have provided further details below.
* Please note: You must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth is the use of current technologies to exchange health information and provide health care services. It will give Members the opportunity to attend appointments with certain healthcare professionals over the phone or via video call technology such as FaceTime or Skype.
Expanding telehealth - Additional access to see your provider
We understand that currently a face to face appointment may not be a possibility for a number of healthcare providers. To ensure our Members continue to receive the medical care, treatments and services they require Queensland Country Health Fund have expanded their range of providers that Members can now access via telehealth.
The Fund currently pays the standard consultation benefits for telehealth for:
- Speech Therapy
During COVID-19 we have expanded the eligible service providers and we will now pay standard consultation benefits for telehealth for:
- Speech Therapy
- Exercise Physiology
- Occupational Therapy
- Orthoptic Therapy
- Childbirth Education
We encourage Members to check with your provider to see if they offer telehealth consultation. To find out what we will pay for each service check your level of extras cover and your available benefit amount in the Mobile App or Online Member Services.
Online gym membership
As well as helping you to get well, we want to help you stay well. Following the closure of gyms and the introduction of social distancing we have received Member feedback of the growing importance of online gyms. Our Healthy Living benefit helps you live a healthy lifestyle and in response Members can now claim their online gym membership as part of the Healthy Living benefit. The criteria below must still be met:
- You must have been referred by your health care professional to participate in a health management program to address, improve or prevent a specific health or medical condition.
- A Health Management Program Benefit Approval Form must accompany a claim for these benefits. The form must be completed by a Health Care professional electronically if you are unable to attend their practice
- Online Gym Memberships must have a registered ABN.
- An approved receipt including your name, date and description of service, total fee charged and provider name and address.
- Benefit payable subject to overall benefit limit.
We remain committed to our Members and are extremely mindful of affordability issues and delivering value. We will continue to build on the changes we have made to ensure a responsive and flexible approach that meets the needs of our Members.
We're here to help
If you have questions or would like to talk to one of our friendly team members, please contact us on 1800 813 415 or email us at [email protected]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We understand that the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic has created confusion and anxiety about access to healthcare and has left some members questioning whether it is still beneficial to maintain their private health insurance cover. Click here to view COVID-19 information