Enjoy a delicious Anzac treat, with this gluten free recipe that features less fat and sugar.
- 1 cup rolled oats (replace with quinoa flakes for gluten free)
- 1 cup spelt flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 cup nuttelex (or coconut oil)
- 2-3 Tbsp Rice malt syrup (or Golden syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray.
2. Mix flour, oats, coconut, sugar and salt together.
3. Mix bi-carbonate of soda and boiling water and add to melted nuttelex and syrup.
4. Add to dry ingredients. Mixture should be able to be pressed together with your hands and not fall apart. Add another tbsp of hot warm if too dry.
5. Form into walnut size balls and flatten. Place on baking tray about 2-3cm apart.
6. Bake in a moderate oven for 15 – 20 minutes, let them cool and crisp up on the tray. Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee.